17143Re: [Clip] Regular expression replace upon a string variable - howto?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Nov 27, 2007
      buralex@... wrote:
      > Is there any way to do a string replace operation in a clip that will
      > act upon a variable?
      >
      > ^$StrReplace("SubStr";"ReplaceStr";"Str";CaseSensitive;WholeWord)$
      > doesn't appear to support it.
      >
      > The only way I can think of is to use a separate buffer (file), paste
      > the source text, do the replace, select all, put $getselection$ in a
      > variable and switch back to the buffer you really want to be in.
      >
      > Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail
      I think you are accurate in your assessment that strReplace doesn't
      allow for variable replacement as I have tried similar and never worked
      it out.

      You can replace on a selection, however. So select it (even in current
      document) and replace with your regex operation, then put it back in the
      variable. I don't think that you need the complexity of a buffer file
      in many cases.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic