17039Re: [Clip] Re: Clip to delete Bible books, chapters and verses

    Oct 16, 2007
      jane_sedgewick wrote:
      > This takes only 8 steps to obtain a match.

      Jane, do you give lessons (an honest question, from that example you
      might well be a good teacher) and can I apply for one of your classes?

      I use the non-greedy version as a matter of course for its reliability
      and because I need not consider side effects as much as with the greedy
      version. (And thiking about side effects tends to be about 90% of the
      work in writing search and replace statements.) But I do appreciate
      that's the sloppy thinking of a bloated Microsoft programmer and it
      lacks any beauty.

      But then an engineer's solution to anything tends to be ugly to look at
      and and in defense I can say that refining a quick one-off hack for
      files of normal length is seldom worth the effort in overall time.