16679Re: Creation of clip

  • ebbtidalflats
    Jun 30, 2007

      > > Also, why sort the short words to the bottom?
      > This has been described by Sheri before. Sheri also explained why
      > this isn't really necessary when running the clip on word lists and
      > lines.

      I asked, because that approach is counter to the original request.
      Not that there was a whole lot of input from the requester.

      However, he did furnish an example, that specifically searched for
      partial words. Hence my curiosity.

      > are many more applications I could think of. Why not comparing two
      > word lists, e.g. by subtracting list A from list B in order to get
      > the difference?

      Ahh! Good idea.

      > For me, dealing with word lists is mainly related to
      > Text Retrieval and indexing of text databases, and NT has become an
      > indispensable tool in this field.

      Hm, mine is more in the area of glossaries, but NT is just as
      indispensable to me.

      Thanks for your comments.

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic