16676Re: Creation of clip

  • ebbtidalflats
    Jun 28, 2007
      Hi Flo,

      I'm curious about a line in your clips, where you replace the text in
      the document with ^$StrSort.

      I see what you're doing, but am wondering why you chose the function,
      rather than the menu command?

      ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Sort/Descending

      to select and sort all in one step, instead of using three different
      functions.

      > ^!Select All
      > ^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";0;0;1)$

      Also, why sort the short words to the bottom? I know you put a lot of
      effort into this, but didn't the original poster's (who we havn't
      heard from for some time) example call for finding partial words? If
      so, wouldn't finding the partials speed up the search by eliminating a
      lot of lines from the search for the longer words?

      Just curious.

      One more Question. Do you have a specific use in mind for this keyword
      manipulation? Is this a comparison of two keyword lists, or what? Or
      was this just a clipcoding exercise?

      Thanks,

      Eb
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic