16463Re: [Clip] XML and Coldfusion

  • tom thomas
    May 7, 2007
      CF is my programming language of choice. I don't exactly understand
      what you are trying to accomplish though. I have manually created xml
      files using NoteTab and have written few clips to help. CF will parse
      xml files using the xmlParse() function. NoteTab can work with an FTP
      program to upload your files for you to the server. Another way to
      get the xml files to the server is via the cffile upload tag.

      Thanks,
      Tom Thomas

      At 08:19 AM 5/7/2007, you wrote:

      >We need to have XML files we are creating in NoteTab Pro interact with
      >Coldfusion programming. Is it possible to do these two actions within
      >NoteTab?
      >a) The file is saved. The archivist presses a button (or however tasks
      >are triggered), and that file is then uploaded through a specified URL
      >as a "POST" operation. It is not enough for it to be uploaded (i.e.
      >through FTP) -- it has to be through a web page so that Coldfusion can
      >know to interact with it. NoteTab should then re-direct to the HTML
      >file when it's done parsing.
      >
      >b) The file is either saved or not. The archivist presses a button,
      >and the CONTENTS of the file are sent to a specified URL as a "POST"
      >operation. That then feeds in the XML data, creates an XML file,
      >transforms that using the stylesheet, and redirects to that HMTL file
      >when it's done parsing.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic