16206Re: [Clip] .css file not being totally read?

  • Christine
    Mar 9, 2007
      Dearheart, this ain't math.

      There are speech habits in any language that carry nuances that one
      can never know if not native. I do understand that. As a matter of
      fact, although I learned German 5 years' worth of college in Germany,
      I learned most from my French boyfriend. Imagine how messy my
      umgangsprache is.

      Just like one wouldn't say "quite" to someone English-English, one
      (to an American) doesn't say,
      Your problem is..

      "No problem" instead of "You're welcome"
      "you're too big" to a woman
      Anything relating to "Yo mama"
      Have a nice day after essentially telling someone to screw off.

      As you can tell, it'll bring up all kinds of things never intended.

      My problem, if you insist, which brought me to the list, was with
      my .css file, not with the case (or changing them) of my html.

      Christine

      > Christine wrote:
      > > My problem, Axel?
      > > Shall I put that off the misverstehen der umgangsprache?
      >
      > Please do, I am but a foreign goon, though trying to use as good
      English
      > as I can. Your problem is what made you ask a question in the list
      in
      > the first place. I'm aware that many Americans are into psycho-
      talk, I'm
      > not, I'm a simple and straightforward engineer, so please do not
      look
      > for double entendre in anything I say.
      >
      > > (Have I impressed upon you how offensive a question put that way
      is,
      > > despite the normal value your input has?)
      >
      > Not until a British speaker outside of the social work professions
      > confirms, he or she too sees it that way. Aren't school homework
      > exercises in maths called problems?
      > Vide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem
      >
      > Axel

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic