16139Re: [Clip] Clip doesn't work since upgrade to 5.1

  • Alan
    Feb 22, 2007
      On Thursday 22 February 2007 08:28, s_michael_h wrote:
      > Ah Ha! It's not Vista (I don't have it) but it must be some XP or
      > ZoneAlarm security setting. I was asked if NTP could access the blah,
      > blah, blah. Before I had declined giving that permission - just

      NTP can access the internet to (from NTP site or www presence) update
      its "news" (notification of new updates to the product and etc.). Likely
      this what ZoneAlarm prompted about.

      > because it didn't make sense at the time. I hesitate to give out
      > permission unless I'm sure about it. Anyway, I did this time and
      > zoooom, all done.

      But it's interesting to note how serious ZoneAlarm takes a "no" -- evidently
      ZoneAlarm treats security of such app as if the app "might possibly be a
      rouge app" (a plus for ZA I'd say) due to now the app can't send keyboard
      keystrokes. -- but, say yes, app can now access internet *and* app can, is
      now allowed to send keystrokes.

      > Thanks for your reply...
      >
      > Michael Hamilton
      >
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:
      > > U also have used Keyboard commands in clips and had them fail, We
      > > discussed this as a possible conflict in Windows Vista, with the
      > > security system (doesn't allow outside programs to initiate
      >
      > Keystrokes).
      >
      > > I had to resort to Toolbar commands instead of Keyboard commands to
      >
      > get
      >
      > > around it.
      > >
      > > s_michael_h wrote:
      > > > Is there some reason why this clip no longer works that I'm not
      > > > seeing? It seems to choke on the Keyboard Delete step and only
      >
      > pastes
      >
      > > > once.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks in advance!
      > > > Michael Hamilton