16017Re: Set up working screens after reinsntalling Windows

  • Sheri
    Jan 30, 2007
      I would suggest copying the old installation back onto the main drive,
      make sure its working the way you want it, then install 5.1 on top of
      it. All old the settings will be preserved.

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "jerry60447m" <jerry60447m@...> wrote:

      > I am an amateur user with quite a bit of experience.
      >
      > Years ago, I set up NotePad (an earlier version, which one I don't
      > know) with 3 vertical panes. The left pane listed a bunch of outline
      > names and a few file names (which I had created and could maintain).
      > I had subjects under the outlines which were listed in the second pane
      > and the text of the subjects showed, and could be edited, in the third
      > pane. I put icons in a tool bar which allowed me to hide and unhide
      > the outline and/or the subject name panes. So I had complete
      > one-click access and control of all my text material. (The only
      > program improvement I wished for was to be able to put suboutlines
      > under the root outlines).
      >
      > I recently reinstalled Windows XP and now have NotePad 5.1 std
      running.

      > Before installation, I copied all my data and setup files to a USB
      > external disk. So they are available now.
      >
      > I have tried to set up NotePad to duplicate what I had before, but
      > haven't been able to do so. I simply need to know how to create the
      > same screen set up and where to copy my *.otl files and other setup
      files.

      > Would someone please help me?
      >
      > jerry

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic