15752Re: Clip to shorten record

  • Sheri
    Nov 5, 2006
      Hi Robin,

      If you put the following replace command into a clip and run it, it
      will delete every thing from the second space thru the end of the
      line for every line in the document. The following requires NoteTab
      version 5.1.

      ^!Replace "(.+?\x20.+?)\x20.+" >> "$1" RASW0

      Another way to do it which works in 5.1 and earlier versions would be

      Find the second space,
      select to the end of the line,
      and delete

      until there are no more:

      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      :Start
      ^!Find " " S
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Find " " S
      ^!Info
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Select EOL
      ^!Menu Edit/Delete
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!Goto Start

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robin Chapple <robinski@...> wrote:

      > I am real beginner.
      >
      > I use NoteTab, amongst other things, to give me clean
      > text for web pages.
      >
      > I need to produce a regular report that lists pages and
      > visitors.
      >
      > When the html is cleared by NoteTab I am left with
      > nearly 1000 lines like this:
      >
      > /main/index.htm 65 845 Bytes 23 4
      >
      > I need to retain the filename and visitor count which
      > is the first digits, which could be a group on one, two
      > or three characters.
      >
      > So I need a clip which says "Keep the first two
      > 'columns'. Delete after the second space.
      >
      > That is beyond my limited abilities.
      >
      > Your suggestions are welcomed.
      >
      > Robin Chapple

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic