15725Re: [Clip] Saving all .bak files to specific directory

  • abairheart
    Nov 1 8:46 AM
      Before I wrote this reply I hadn't looked at the recently uploaded
      file to this forum.

      Check it out. It is one of the version control programs available for
      Windows.

      NOTE: this is NOT an endorsement - I have no knowledge of
      Tortoise.

      Abair.

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "abairheart" <abairheart@...> wrote:

      > Alex,
      >
      > The BEST way to do this is to use a version control software in
      > addition to NoteTab. There is the MS VSS, comes with Visual studio, as
      > well as a number of freeware/open source packages with ports to
      > Windows. No law requires you to restrict version control to
      > programming source files. You'll have to decide for yourself (search
      > google) what is safe to use.
      >
      > These kind of programs maintain a database of changes made to all
      > files you decide to track in a separate folder. The downside is, that
      > you must remember to open files from the database, rather than from
      > Notetab's folder. NoteTab could probably do this for you via a clip.
      >
      > If you DO use such a package, just turn NoteTab's back-up OFF.
      >

      > Abair
      >

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Wenzel" <fuzzi123@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing I asked for.
      > > I'm looking for something that completely replaces the backup
      > > function, including the naming conventions, and ideally the
      > > possibility of incremental backups, just sending everything to a pre-
      > > definded folder. Something you don't have to specifically trigger
      > > (and *certainly* not from a toolbar icon), something that is
      > > triggered automatically by saving (also by auto-saving).

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic