15620Re: [Clip] Search & Replace ... but no replace

    Oct 10, 2006
      Robert Kelsey wrote:
      > for my own search engine listing needs, I really need to omit
      > the accented characters.

      Quite. I just wanted to say this was not a good suggestion for the
      general case.

      > Anyone have insight on how Google USA handles accented words

      They are quite clever in this way. Whenever I enter an accented (German)
      character in a word they will find only that, iirc. But with French and
      other accents not directly accessible to my keyboard I don't bother and
      enter just the base letter. They then find all the accented versions as
      well. So well done Google, that's exactly how this customer likes it.