15243Re: [Clip] Re: Removing stopwords from word list

  • Alan_C
    Jul 17, 2006
      FWIW

      As far as the (sourceforge project) gnuwin32 utilities

      (though this may or may not be easy due to I on Win 2K was missing/needed
      MSVCP60.DLL which is a C, C++ library that I wasn't pre informed about)

      I got as far as getting duplicates removed (I'm short on time). Next would be
      to either 1. Notetab array of stopwords to a clip !^Replace command (replace
      with nothing) or 2. Notetab array of stopwords fed to the gnuwin32 tr utility
      so as to substitute each stopword with nothing. I didn't yet get the Notetab
      clip command line for to run the gnuwin32 utilities. So far what you see
      below is I manually did the command line in a console.

      1. DL'd the file: coreutils-5.3.0.exe

      2. DL'd the file: msvcp60.zip (has the MSVCP60.DLL)

      Ran #1 (the installer file for gnuwin32 coreutils)

      copied MSVCP60.DLL to c:\winnt\system32

      added the gunwin32\bin folder to my PATH statement

      c:\test.txt (sorted ascending in Notetab) (gnuwin32 also has a sort)

      (news occurs twice). uniq eliminate duplicates

      C:\>cat test.txt
      blue
      bravo
      charlie
      favorite
      group
      mountain
      news
      news
      omega
      purple
      river
      valley

      C:\>uniq test.txt > testout.txt

      C:\>cat testout.txt
      blue
      bravo
      charlie
      favorite
      group
      mountain
      news
      omega
      purple
      river
      valley

      C:\>

      That's the extent so far of my gnuwin32 Linux/Unix like utilities foray on
      Win.

      --
      Alan.
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic