14977Re: [Clip] Understanding Writing Subroutines

  • Bob McAllister
    Apr 13, 2006
      On 4/14/06, Don - htmlfixit.com <don@...> wrote:

      > I think that to be bad form even if functional as using the command
      > makes it clearer what you are doing. It also has a much greater
      > probability of working over time should they later make an update to the
      > software as they almost always have reverse engineered commands and
      > functions.

      Don

      I guess that you could argue it to be "bad form" in some abstract
      computer science sense, but it does happen to be how Eric wrote
      NoteTab. Have a look at the Custom Functions page in Clip Help where
      it is described as "an approach similar to the ^!Clip command".

      As (the other) Bob found, trying to stick a ^!Clip command in front of
      a custom function, such as ^$m2y()$, is redundant and the resulting
      code just does not work.

      You can call the clip m2y with ^!Clip m2y (which I infer to be your
      preference) but lose the ability to pass a parameter, which was the
      point of the whole exercise.

      Bob McAllister
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic