14929^$getoutput()$ question

  • c_j_ackson
    Mar 26 3:25 PM
      Greetings.

      I've installed the database program MySQL on my computer and set it
      up as a Windows service. When I manually type in "mysql" into a
      command prompt the following appears in the prompt:
      Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
      Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 5.0.18-nt

      mysql>
      The following NoteTab code:
      ^!set %variable%=^$getoutput("cmd.exe mysql")$
      ^!info ^%variable%
      returns the following in NoteTab:
      Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
      (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

      C:\Documents and Settings\chris\Desktop\programs\NoteTab Pro>
      I'd like to know if there is a way, from a NoteTab clip, to access
      the output of MySql commands. (This involves getting the second
      portion of code to be the same as the first.) Eventually, I'd like
      to pull results (eg. select * from [table_name];) from a MySql
      prompt into Notetab for processing.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic