14866create a dialog to get a file name

  • dpasseng
    Mar 2, 2006
      I want to run a directory with a clip. Find all files named *.txt,
      create a dialog box with each name and be able to select one. Once
      selected I want to populate a variable with that name. Thoughts? Can
      this be done? What I am eventually hoping to do is open that file
      with another program, and that I do know how to do from a prior clip
      where I had the filename selected ...
      ^!Set %TempVar%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Replace "%20" >> " " ATIHS
      ^!C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe ^%TempVar%

      I think the latter might better be Shell actually but no matter. It
      is the first part I need help with.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic