14636Re: [Clip] Using clips to fill-in web forms.

  • John
    Jan 7, 2006
      When I tried using ^!Pasteback, I found the doc no great help.
      To see how it works, run the PasteClips clip which comes with Ntb.

      The principle is that you
      - set up a list of abbreviations and their expansions in a similar clip
      - run the clip
      - write one of your abbreviations in your target program
      - select and copy it

      Ntb will, when it detects it in the clipboard, (delete the abbreviation &) paste the expansion in its place.
      So it's better for material you're likely to paste many times - not just once.
      John

      Dan wrote:
      > I have a project to enter data into web forms based on data that I
      > have to copy and paste from Notetab.
      >
      > I have fair to good knowledge of clips but have a challenge as to
      > whether Notetab clips can do what I hope it can do.
      >
      > I have experimented with ^!Pasteback and ^!Typeback to take data from
      > the clipboard or a variable, switch to my web browser and paste it but
      > without success. My interpretation of the help for ^!Pasteback is
      > that it woun't work for the data was not originally copied from my web
      > browser. Is this true or is there something I am misinterpreting?
      >
      > Is there a clip book available for what I am trying to achive?

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic