14485Re: insert boiler plate in messages using a clip

  • Doug Offen
    Dec 12, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "rpdooling" <rpdooling@y...> wrote:

      > Doug,
      >
      > Study the "Insert Href link" and "Multiple Fields" clips in the Sample
      > Code library.
      >
      > If you've never done wizards you probably aren't ready to try a merge.
      > But wizards are easy. Just study the samples and the "Clip Wizards &
      > Fields" under Clip Programming Help.
      >
      > rpd
      Thanks rpd and Larry.

      What I was contemplating was using notetab to achieve results similar
      to a couple of programs I just bought. Quite frankly neither of the
      programs do exactly what I want. They seem to be quite similar to some
      of the clips that are in noetab already so I thought some kind of
      wizard or merge would work as well and be customizable to my style.

      I would like to take a text file and markup the title, author,
      author's resource data, and parts of or all of the article. Then I
      would like to dump those marked up passages into several different
      places in an html document. For example the title would go into the
      <title> </title> tags, as well as in meta tags and <h1> </h1>tags in
      the body. Ultimately I would set up a number of text files and then
      have a clip compile the new html documents with a merge type of action.

      I guess it is way out of my abilities at the moment. I'll keep working
      with the clips and modifying them to work the way I would like.

      Thanks for the advice.

      Doug
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic