14484Re: insert boiler plate in messages using a clip

  • rpdooling
    Dec 12, 2005
      Doug,

      Study the "Insert Href link" and "Multiple Fields" clips in the Sample
      Code library.

      If you've never done wizards you probably aren't ready to try a merge.
      But wizards are easy. Just study the samples and the "Clip Wizards &
      Fields" under Clip Programming Help.

      rpd

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Offen" <yahoo@o...> wrote:

      > > > appropriate texts to replace the markers<<
      > >
      > > If you are only creating one doc at a time, why not just make a clip
      > > instead of a template and use wizard fields?
      > >
      > I probably will be doing one document at a time for some tasks. There
      > will be times when I would like to create a series of documents with
      > merged data, but I guess that's whole different kettle of fish.
      >
      > How would i set up a clip with wizard fields.? I've never really
      > figured that out.
      >
      > Basically I want to combine some text passages into html coding so I
      > can just jump from one insert to the next. I would like to develop it
      > so I can set up the merge codes ahead and let a clip put them all
      > together in the correct spots.
      >
      > I'm not sure how to do it or if there is an existing cli I can modify.

      > Thanks
      >
      > Doug

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic