14044Re: [Clip] Newbie silly question; mkdir from list

  • hsavage
    Jul 13, 2005
      Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold wrote:
      > I get I/O Error 123 with this clip from hsavage whether MKDir
      directory is within quotes or not. If the
      > folder has to be there in the first place, what is the point of
      ^!MkDir which is to make a directory?

      > ^!Set %dirpath%=^?{(T=D)Pick the target folder=C:\Documents and
      Settings\}

      > Adrian Worsfold

      Adrian,

      I pasted your line from your email reflecting 'C:\Documents and
      Settings\' into the clip and it worked perfectly. If you don't have a
      wrapped line as Phillip suggests maybe it's something to do with the OS.

      I have WinXP Pro, I don't know what Phillip has. What is your OS? If
      it happens to be OS related it can probably be corrected with a couple
      of strategically positioned 'double quotes'.

      To answer the question, why do we need ^!MkDir, the initial request from
      Phillip was to make multiple subfolders in a certain project directory
      using a list of API numbers he acquires somewhere. I assumed, from his
      email, the target folder already existed, and, his clip was designed to
      make subfolders in that existing target folder.

      ºvº
      05.07.13
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic