14039Re: [Clip] Newbie silly question; mkdir from list

  • hsavage
    Jul 12, 2005
      Phillip Sand Hansel II wrote:
      > Greetings:
      > I am trying to more easily make a set of directories from a series of
      > numbers (unique identifiers).
      > I get email asking me to process a set of well and make a list like
      > 60802400030000
      > 60804401720000
      > 60804401740000
      > 60804401750000
      > I would like to make a folder for each number in a certain project
      > directory.
      > I read the help and think I understand some of it, but can not seem to
      > implement my idea. I have read many of the past posts and do not
      readily see
      > the answer. Here is what I have come up so far, but it does not seem to
      > work. It is an infinite loop. :-(

      Here is a copy of your clip 'tweaked'. It performs as you want using a
      list of numbers/words. The only provisos are, to have at least one
      blank line at the bottom of the name list, and you can only ^!MkDir one
      folder level at a time. If the target folder exists that isn't a problem.

      H="Mk dir"
      ; will prompt user for path once it works
      ^!Set %dirpath%=^?{(T=D)Pick the

      ; always start at the top of the document
      ^!Jump 1

      ; beginning of loop
      ^!Set %foldername%=^$GetLine$
      ^!MkDir "^%dirpath%^%foldername%\"
      ^!Jump +1
      ; exit the loop when we are at end of file
      ^!If ^$GetRow$ > ^$GetTextLineCount$ END ELSE LOOP

      hrs > hsavage@...
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic