13628Re: [Clip] Parsing INI operations

  • John Zeman
    May 10, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
      > Hey John,
      >
      > Frankly, after writing the short test clip, included below, I'm less
      > sure where ^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave fit into the scheme of things.
      >
      > Judging from the results of this clip ^!SaveValue writes to disk and,
      > maybe, dynamic memory.
      >
      > At least, after using ^!SaveValue, the data written is available using
      > ^$GetValue(":")$ before the file or, changes to the ini file appear on disk.
      >
      > The ^!SaveValue writes the value, the ^$GetValue(":")$ accesses that
      > value within nano-seconds in the command that follows, which is pretty
      > quick.
      >
      > The loop prevents the clip from ending until you press the ctrlkey or
      > the abort sequence, Ctrl+Alt.
      >
      > —————————————————————————————————————————————
      > h=savevalue test
      > ; creates or accesses ini in Ntb Libraries folder
      > ^!SetIniFile Ntb-TEST
      > ; saves value to disk file and dynamic memory
      > ^!SaveValue SAVEVALUE TEST:SAVEVALUE TEST 1=SAVEVALUE TEST 2
      > ; gets value written by test
      > ^!StatusShow ^$GetValue("SAVEVALUE TEST:SAVEVALUE TEST 1")$
      > :LOOP
      > ^!Delay 1
      > ^!IfFalse ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ LOOP

      That's interesting hrs, apparently if we use an ini file other than the default NotePro.ini file, NoteTab does just what you say here. However with the NotePro.ini, which is what I was testing with, NoteTab seems to behave the way I stated it last time.

      I'm starting to think Jamal is close to nailing it concerning the flushing-to-disk issue he's talking about. At least when the default NotePro.ini file is used as the ini file in a clip. Perhaps he could easily solve his problem by specifying a separate ini file as hrs does in his example?