13387Re: [Clip] check essay

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Feb 26, 2005
      Ed Brown wrote:
      > Hello everyone who writes clips,
      > may know how to do this without a clip that will speedily go through the
      > pages.
      > I have at the present a number of essays titled in the heading simple
      > essay1 through essay27 and the list grows monthly. I would like to be
      > able to run through them and check that they have this statement in the
      > heading <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="new.css" />
      > These essays are just a small number of pages among 100+ pages. So is
      > there away to do this with a clip or is there a simpler way to do it. In
      > fact I would like to go through all the pages just checking to make sure
      > they have the new css rather than one of several css pages that I have
      > created and revised.
      >
      > Back to the essays, as well I would like to be sure that each essay
      > starts the body with
      > <h1>essay title here<h1>
      > as I have found some without the h1 tag. And as I indicated each
      > title is different, however there is only one h1 tag on a page.
      >
      > In brief, I want to check to see if each page refers to the proper css
      > and that each page starts just after the body tag with an h1 tag that
      > contains the title of the essay..
      > Ed

      Ed,

      This definately is do-able. I guess there are a couple of ways to go
      about it. Do you manually open all files and just run them one at a
      time looking for the key phrases? That would be the easiest I think
      from the coding end. Otherwise you need to have the clip find a directy
      and do a directory search, essentially closing all files that don't have
      what you want, then inserting it or something.

      Are the essays in their own directory, or are they in a directory with
      other files?
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic