13300Re: [Clip] File paths in clips

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Feb 1, 2005
      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > kld1956 wrote:
      >
      >>I need to insert the name of a file that I search for, using an Open
      >>File dialog box (^?[(t=o) Find file], but I don't want the full file
      >>path returned, just the name of the file.
      >>
      >>Is there a switch or mask that will remove the file path from the
      >>text returned?

      of course if you keep reading you might find these too ...
      ^$GetName(FileName)$
      Returns the name of FileName (without path or file extension). Since
      version 4.8, this function works both on Windows file names and URLs.

      ^$GetPath(FileName)$
      Returns the path segment of FileName (always ends with backslash). Since
      version 4.8, this function works both on Windows file names and URLs.

      Of course then I think you might need something like this:
      FileName maybe need to be replaced by ^*, ^**, ^#, or ^## codes to get
      the desired result
      that I don't find well documented and cannot search for in help ...
      every time I need to find special things like that they elude me. Same
      for %NL% and that type of stuff as well.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic