13295Re: [Clip] Temp file

  • abairheart
    Feb 1, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, John Parsons <john.parsonsja@n...>
      wrote:
      > On 30/01/05 20:15, hsavage weightily Declaimed:
      >
      > >John Parsons wrote:
      > > > I have a clip that does some pre-processing on scanned text
      that I then
      > > > paste into a wordprocessor.
      > > > I would like notetab to close without giving me the "file has
      > > > changed..." prompt (i.e discard the file)
      > > > Any ideas on how to do that?
      > >
      > >At an appropriate place in the clip you could use; look in NoteTab
      help,

      > >^!DestroyDoc [DocumentName]
      > >^!DeleteFile FileSpecs
      > >^!Close DISCARD
      > Thanks H
      > The only problem is that I need to do some hand-editing before the
      file
      > closes, so destroying the file actually in the clip is not an
      option. I
      > suppose what I was hoping for was some way of marking the file as
      > temporary while it was still open.
      > Unless I could pause the clip??

      Pausing the clip is no problem, if you add a goto at the top of the
      clip, and a label, where you want to restart.

      In the goto, you want to place a variable target. For example:

      ; top of clip
      ^If "^%target%"="^%EMPTY%" SKIP
      ^!Goto ^%target%
      ^!Set %target%=BYPASS
      :BYPASS
      ;continue clip operation

      This code can be used to re-enter clip repeatedly, at different
      locations.

      Just out of curiosity, why do you need to hand-edit a document before
      discarding it?

      Abair.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic