13132Re: [Clip] ^!Keyboard malfunction

    Jan 3, 2005
      Hi Roy,

      >The problem seems to be any ^!Keyboard command that pastes info into a menu.

      The problem is because the dialog is not open before the numbers
      are inserted into it. You could add delay (&nnn) inside the
      ^!Keyboard command to attempt to fix it.

      ^!Keyboard SHIFT+CTRL+M &150 #0# TAB &10 #10# ENTER

      The reason, most likely, that it is intermittently failing is
      because you are getting lower on resources or higher cpu activity
      when you run it. It is slowing down the opening of the dialog so
      the Clip is inserting the 0 and 10 directly into the document,
      because it is what has focus at the time before the Reformat
      dialog opens and gets the focus. When possible, you should stay
      away from the ^!Keyboard command. For the certain task you are
      doing, I would use the method I added below yours.

      >One of my examples is:
      >^!Keyboard SHIFT+CTRL+M #0# TAB #10# ENTER

      StrFormat ^$StrFormat("Str";LeftMargin;TextWidth;Justify)$

      ^!InsertText ^$StrFormat("^$GetSelection$";0;10;0)$

      or

      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetSelection$")$ Next else Skip_3
      ^!Select All
      ^!InsertText ^$StrFormat("^$GetSelection$";0;10;0)$
      ^!Goto End
      ^!InsertText ^$StrFormat("^$GetSelection$";0;10;0)$

      You can maybe get better results than yours using ^!Menu and
      ^!Keyboard, but the above will work the best. In case you cannot
      use something like the above on a task you can try something like:

      ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Reformat Lines
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!Keyboard #0# Tab &10 #10#

      You'll still have the delay problem most likely, but the ^!Menu command
      is better than all Keyboard.