12597RE: [Clip] Where Do I Find What Version of Windows?...

    Oct 11, 2004
      Hi Pete

      >^!Info ^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
      >NT\CurrentVersion:BuildLab)$
      >
      >gives me nothing, as I don't have that node in my Windows 2000 registry.

      OK, that's good to know. Actually, as far as the locations of
      Notepad.exe on Win2000 I don't think there is a difference in any
      of the SPs, so all I need for it is ProductName. That is used for
      Win98 also.

      If you are still running XP SP1 or just straight XP at home (Pro
      or Home version makes no difference, or shouldn't) I could use
      the BuildLab if it is there and the ProductName. In XP it is
      important for me to know what the regular and SP1 Notepad
      locations are and how to identify them in the registry, the OS
      that is.

      ^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion:BuildLab)$
      ^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion:ProductName)$

      Actually, if you could run this Clip and anybody else that wants,
      I'd appreciate it. I'll also put it on the web, because there's a
      few long lines. Please just mail me the results in private eMail
      so we don't clutter up this list, or if you want to post them on
      the ntb-NextRelease if you are on that list that is OK also on
      Re: [NRN] Where's Notepad on XP SP2? or the same thing, but [NTO]
      for the Off Topic list. Private eMail is fine too. ;)

      It's online at: http://www.notetab.net/html/findnotepad.htm

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Find notepad.* (GetHidden)...
      ; eMailed on 10-12-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
      ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us
      ; It's online at: http://www.notetab.net/html/findnotepad.htm

      ^!ClearVariables
      ^!SetWizardLabel Windows Installation Drive Letter and choose option
      ; long line
      ^!Set %Dir%=^?{=_C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N}:\; %ChangeDLLcache%=^?{Temporarily change dllcache to unHidden -H==_Yes|No}

      ^!SetHintInfo Getting Directory Information...
      ^!Set %dllcacheAttr1%=^$GetFileAttr(^$GetSysPath$dllcache)$
      ^!IfFalse ^%ChangeDLLcache% Skip
      ^!SetFileAttr "^$GetSysPath$dllcache" -H
      ^!Set %dllcacheAttr2%=^$GetFileAttr(^$GetSysPath$dllcache)$
      ; It appears that the file attributes and some of the sort orders are broken
      ; in WinXP SP2. SIZE and DATE are two...
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
      ^!SetArray %FileList%=^$GetFiles("+^%Dir%";notepad.*;ARSH;SIZE)$
      ^!Set %Count%=^%FileList0%
      ^!Set %Index%=0; %FileCount%=^%Count%

      :Loop
      ^!Inc %Index%
      ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% Finish
      ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetFileSize(^%FileList^%Index%%)$ = ^%FileList^%Index%%
      ^!Append %Files%=^$GetPath("^%FileName%")$^$GetFileName("^%FileName%")$^%nl%
      ^!Goto Loop

      :Finish
      ; The GetRegValue lines are fairly long
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!Insert ^%Files%
      ^!SelectTo 1:1
      ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Sort/Ascending
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!SetFileAttr "^$GetSysPath$dllcache" ^%dllcacheAttr1%
      ^!Insert ^p^pTotal Files: ^%FileCount%^p^p
      ^!Insert Original FileAttr for ^$GetSysPath$dllcache\: ^%dllcacheAttr1%^p
      ^!Insert Changed Attr for ^$GetSysPath$dllcache\ to: ^%dllcacheAttr2%^p
      ^!Insert Current Attr for ^$GetSysPath$dllcache\: ^$GetFileAttr(^$GetSysPath$dllcache)$^p^p
      ^!Insert Windows NT\CurrentVersion:BuildLab:^p
      ^!Insert ^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion:BuildLab)$^p
      ^!Insert Windows NT\CurrentVersion:ProductName:^p
      ^!Insert ^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion:ProductName)$^p^p

      <--- Copy above this line --->
      <--- Right click over a Library --->
      <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

      >^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
      >NT\CurrentVersion:ProductName)$
      >^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
      >NT\CurrentVersion:CurrentVersion)$
      >^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
      >NT\CurrentVersion:CurrentBuildNumber)$
      >^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
      >NT\CurrentVersion:CSDVersion)$
      >
      >gives me the following:-
      >
      >Microsoft Windows 2000
      >5.0
      >2195
      >Service Pack 4
      >
      >Which is what appears on the winver window: Version 5.0 (Build
      >2195: Service Pack 4).
      >
      >I'll have a look on my Win XP machine when I get home tonight and
      >see what I can find.

      Thanks!
      http://www.clean-funnies.com
      See ya in the funnies!