12596Re: [Clip] Where Do I Find What Version of Windows?...

  • Larry Hamilton
    Oct 11, 2004
      Jody/Pete,

      I modified my clip to use the last three values below and get this on
      Windows XP Home SP2:

      Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

      The clip for the buildlab gives me:

      2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

      I reviewed my notes and found this to distinguish between XP Home and Pro:

      How to detect and distinguish XP Home Edition and Professonal Edition

      There is a value name
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ProductOptions\ProductSuite.
      Its data is 'Personal' on XP home while '' on XP professonal.

      I cannot get the above key read by NoteTab.

      Here is the revised clip that I sent earlier:

      ;07/24/2002 Larry Hamilton lmh@...
      ;^!Info ^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\FundWare\7.16:U)$
      ;Windows 95, 98 and Me:
      ;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion]
      ;Windows NT, 2000 and XP:
      ;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

      ^!SetDebug ON
      ^!Set
      %ProductName%=^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows
      NT\CurrentVersion:ProductName)$
      ^!Set
      %CurrentVersion%=^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows
      NT\CurrentVersion:CurrentVersion)$
      ;^!Set
      %CurrentType%=^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows
      NT\CurrentVersion:CurrentType)$
      ^!Set
      %CurrentBuildNumber%=^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
      NT\CurrentVersion:CurrentBuildNumber)$
      ^!Set
      %CSDVersion%=^$GetRegValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
      NT\CurrentVersion:CSDVersion)$

      ^!Info ^%ProductName% ^%CurrentVersion% ^%CurrentType%
      ^%CurrentBuildNumber% ^%CSDVersion%

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...
      My Webpage