12433Easier Date Question

  • prlproductmanager
    Sep 2, 2004
      I'm seeing the postings fly by with a very tricky date question, can
      we start with a simpler question?

      Given a string which can be set as a variable (%DocDate%) can we get
      Notetab to recognize that it is a date?

      For instance, in my doc, the date appears in any one of the
      following formats:
      March 01, 2004
      MAR 1 2004
      03/01/2004
      03/01/04

      I can select the string, set the variable, but then I need to output
      the date in 2 places in 2 different formats:
      YYYY-MM-DD AND MM/DD/YYYY.

      If we could get this part figured out, applying it to the more
      complicated date question will be easier, I think.
      Thanks so much.
      Rayellen

      p.s. Silly question, but I've seen the pronoun he and she applied to
      Jody, can we get a little clarity on this?
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic