12301Re: [Clip] How to remove lines with certain words

  • billy_b_shears
    Aug 6, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:

      > Hi Palladin,
      > snip
      > I suggest that you just download the Library above since you
      > don't know about Clips. The H= line below is a very long line. If
      > it gets hard breaks in it use the Join Lines to to wrap it or
      > edit manually. Follow the wrapper instructions below to add to a
      > Library. The Clip above this one in it has instructions on how to
      > hard code the Clip so the wizard doesn't popup. The
      > ^!SetWizardTitle at the end is also long.
      > <--- Copy below this line --->
      > H=DeleteLine if it contains... Prompt follows to insert comma
      delimited string. Deletes all lines in document if they contain the
      string you specify.
      Assistant Page: http://www.notetab.net
      > ^!Info [L]Number of lines deleted: ^%DeleteCount%^p^p^%DeleteList%
      > <--- Copy above this line --->
      > <--- Right click over a Library --->
      > <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->
      > snip
      > Happy Clip'n!
      > Jody

      Thanks so much for the clip! I now know what a clip is. It's a
      utility script, right? And and this one works just great! As does
      the Regular Expression version that Alec posted. Thanks Alec!
      The only small problem I had with the RegExp method was that
      it was fairly easy to get an "out of memory" error. But that was
      when I tried to find/replace too many words at a time. I haven't
      really tried very many words at a time with the Clip yet, I think I
      tried 6, but it worked with no complaints. And I have certainly
      have no complaints with these two great apps, either. <:o)}
      Y'all are good people, and I'm going to pass the word for folks
      to go to Jodys' site and consider purchasing some of the fine
      software products. Thanks again Jody and Alec! Happy Clip'n!
      aka Palladin

      ps - Is there a way to increase the font size for the regular
      text used in NoteTab? I have a hard time entering some of the
      close together characters involved with entering the Regular
      Expression into the Find/Replace box. There are those hard
      (to me) to distinguish )|( that are very, very tiny. I'm using
      1024x768. I know we can increase the font on the document
      we're editing, but I haven't found where other screen font
      sizes can be modified. Have a great weekend...
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic