12103Re: [Clip] Using a template or a clip to turn off word wrap for all

  • Larry Thomas
    Jul 3 2:44 AM
      At 10:01 PM 7/2/04 -0700, you wrote:
      >Is it possible to use a template or a clip to turn off Word Wrap and
      >Wrap to Column for all .bat and .ini files? I want Notetab Standard
      >turn both of them off if I create a new file or open an already
      >existing
      >file.
      >
      >If it is possible, how would I go about doing it? Thank you in
      >advance
      >for all replies.

      Hi Daniel,

      You can do this with a clip. I have found that a template is not necessary
      to create these new documents and since you want to also be able to open an
      existing document, the whole thing might as well be placed into four clips
      and placed on your own custom toolbar (Which is called a clipbar in the
      NoteTab help. I have placed the four clips below. VERY INPORTANT: All of
      the lines in the four clips that have commented lines beginning with:

      ;

      Before them and ending with:

      ;

      After them are single long lines which are being broken/split by the email
      program. They are NOT split in the NoteTab clipbook and you must rejoin
      them by selecting/highlighting all of the lines between the markers and
      then pressing Ctrl+J to join them together. After that you can delete the
      long line markers if you wish or you can leave them.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Create .bat File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 04:11:20 AM
      ^!Set %NameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
      ^!SetNameFormat NoName%0.2d.bat
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!SetNameFormat ^%NameFormat%
      ^!SetWordWrap Off

      H="Open .bat File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 04:11:27 AM
      ;
      ^!Set %Folder%=^?[(T=D)Browse to Folder=C:\]; %Sub%=^?[Include
      Subfolders?=Yes^=+|_No^=]
      ;
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %Wizard%=^$GetFiles("^%Sub%^%Folder%";*.bat)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter "";""
      ^!Open "^?{(T=A;H=30)Check files to be opened==^%Wizard%}"
      ^!SetWordWrap Off

      H="Create .ini File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 04:11:35 AM
      ^!Set %NameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
      ^!SetNameFormat NoName%0.2d.ini
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!SetNameFormat ^%NameFormat%
      ^!SetWordWrap Off

      H="Open .ini File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 04:11:43 AM
      ;
      ^!Set %Folder%=^?[(T=D)Browse to Folder=C:\]; %Sub%=^?[Include
      Subfolders?=Yes^=+|_No^=]
      ;
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %Wizard%=^$GetFiles("^%Sub%^%Folder%";*.ini)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter "";""
      ^!Open "^?{(T=A;H=30)Check files to be opened==^%Wizard%}"
      ^!SetWordWrap Off
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      To make best use of the clips above you should create your own clipbar and
      add buttons for them on it so that you do not have to open the clipbook all
      the time to use them. When ever you want to create a new batch file for
      example, you can click the button to "Create .bat File" and a new document
      with the name "NoNamenn.bat" will be created and Wordwrap will be turned
      off for that document.

      Clicking the button labeled "Open .bat File" will cause a directory browse
      dialog to appear for you to browse to the folder of your choice. When you
      have selected it and clicked the ok button, an open dialog box will appear
      with all of the .bat files for that folder and you can place a check mark
      next to the ones you want to open and click ok. When you do, these files
      will be opened and wordwrap will be turned off for the first one in the
      list. I have a probelem here as you can see. The way I wrote the clip,
      only the first file in a searies will have the wordwrap turned off. If you
      open the files one at a time then each file will be opened and wordwrap
      will be turned off but if you open several, then only the first on will be
      turned off. I need to think about this to fix this problem but I think I
      have done fairly well for a first try.

      The same applies for the .ini files.

      HOW DO YOU USE CLIPBARS???

      Go to the menu bar and select:

      HELP
      HELP TOPICS
      REFERENCE INFORMATION
      TOOLS
      USING AND CREATING CLIPBARS

      This should get you to where you need to go with clipbars. I will get back
      to you with my revised clips when I figure out how to make wordwrap shut
      off when I am opening multiple files.

      If you have a favorite folder that you browse to regularly, you can go into
      the open clips and replace the "C:\" folder with it. If you can work with
      wizards, you can modify the wizards to preset for several favorite folders.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic