11969Re: [Clip] Finding text

  • Larry Thomas
    Jun 5, 2004
      Hi Lee,

      This is an improved version of my clip that allows you to search for many
      words, not just one or two. You can modify this clip to your word list by
      creating a list of the words you want to search for as below:

      would
      is
      this
      that
      and
      the
      but

      Then go to the search and replace feature and replace ^p with a semi-colon
      (;) so that you have this:

      would;is;this;that;and;the;but

      Now you place this information at the end of the array line so that it reads:

      ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but

      And save the clip and you are ready to do your multiword search. I hope
      that this works for you.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Find Many Words"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;06/06/2004, 12:17:04 AM
      ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but
      ^!Set %Count%=^%word0%; %IDX%=1

      :FindWord
      ^!Jump 1
      :Loop-FindWord
      ^!Find "^%word^%IDX%%" CS
      ^!IfError Skip
      ^!Skip Search for next occurrence of "^%word^%IDX%%"?
      ^!Goto NextWord
      ^!Goto Loop-FindWord

      :NextWord
      ^!If ^%IDX%=^%Count% Exit
      ^!Inc %IDX%
      ^!Goto FindWord
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |

      The line, ^!Jump 1 causes the search to start for each word from the very
      top/start of the document you are searching.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic