11465Re: [Clip] Loop in search and replace

  • Larry Thomas
    Jan 5, 2004
      Hi Jody,

      At 05:25 PM 1/5/04 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi Larry & Bauke,
      >>> I want to make a clip that searches (in a loop) for 50 spaces
      >>> and replaces it with a tab. then 49 spaces etc. I am very new
      >>> to programming clips, but I need this fast.
      >>You don't need a clip. Go to the menu bar and select
      >>Modify/Spaces/Single Tab. This will convert multiple adjacent
      >>spaces to a single tab.
      >That is only in Pro, but Find " " and Replace with " " Replace
      >All | All and clicked on a few times will leave you at one space.
      >Then do a Find " " and Replace with ^t

      You must have a different version than I have. I have all three versions
      of NoteTab 4.95 (Light, Std, and Pro). They all are able to use
      Modify/Spaces/Single Tab. Actually, I admit that I have not tried to use
      it but when I place my cursor over it, I get a message in the status bar
      saying that it replaces multiple spaces with a single tab so I hope that is
      what it does.

      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic