11422[NTB] Re: Selecting thousands of lines to delete?

  • Larry Thomas
    Dec 31, 2003
      Hi Chuck,

      I have upgraded my clip for you. This clip takes into account the way you
      described the image tags and the fact that you want to leave a couple of
      lines at the end of each one. Right now, I have a problem. How do you
      find the end of the last attachment. If you are always using the next
      attachment as the end of the previous one, that works fine until you reach
      the very end of your attachments. Then I don't know what to search for to
      get to the end of the last one unless you want to jump to the end of the
      document/file and then backup two lines and delete from there. I don't see
      that though because you described losing all of your emails if that were
      done. So you will have to figure out what you want to do.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Remove Attachments"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;01/01/2004, 01:13:19 AM
      ;A Clip written for Chuck Anderson
      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      ;^!Find "^?[Enter your beginning search string=]" AST
      ^!Find "------=_NextPart" AST
      ^!IfError Exit ELSE Next
      ^!Set %StartPos%=^$Getrow$:^$Getcol$
      ;^!Find "^?[Enter your ending search string=]" AST
      ^!Find "------=_NextPart" AST
      ^!IfError Exit ELSE Next
      ^!Jump -2
      ^!SelectTo ^%StartPos%
      ^!Goto Loop
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |

      The first search finds the first attachment and sets the StartPos variable
      to bookmark the beginning position of it. The second search finds the
      second attachment and the ^!Jump -2 line moves the cursor up to the
      beginning of the line two lines above the second attachment. The
      ^!SelectTo line selects all the text from the cursor position backward to
      the beginning of the attachment tag and the ^!InsertText line deletes it.
      You see an error check after each of the search lines. This will cause the
      clip to fail when it does not find an ending tag for the last attachment.
      You will have to figure out how to fix this problem which I previously
      described above.

      HAPPY NEW YEAR 2004!!!!!

      lrt@... e¿ê