11344Re: [Clip] Syntax question (Using Examdiff)

  • Larry Thomas
    Dec 4, 2003
      Hi Michael,

      At 05:19 PM 12/4/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >That's clever! Unfortunately, it would mean that I would lose my
      >bookmarks in the files. Probably not a big deal most of the time
      >but I'm sure the first time I accidently lost a bunch of bookmarks I
      >would become "not very happy"!
      >
      >Michael

      I am sorry that it did not work for you. Well don't ever accuse me of
      giving up although I think that this will be my last work on this. I wrote
      this new improved version and I am keeping it for myself to use, I like it
      so much. This clip captures the currently focused document name and then
      uses ^!StatusShow to display a message on the screen without blocking you
      from changing document tabs while it is running. Then it goes into a loop
      and waits for you to switch focus to the second document to be compared and
      when you press the Ctrl key, it captures the file name for the second
      document and sends the names of both documents to Examdiff for comparison.
      I have tested this one as well as the one before and this one does NOT
      delete bookmarks. It allows you to select documents in any order without
      arranging them side by side or in any special order. Just select the first
      document to compare and run the clip and then select the second document to
      compare and press the Ctrl key and it will do it. If you fail to select
      the second document, you will receive a message telling you need to make a
      second selection and then looping you back to the status message. If you
      want to cancel the clip when it is showing the status message, first press
      the Alt key and hold it down and press the Ctrl key which will cancel the
      clip. Enjoy.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Examdiff - Second Doc Selector"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;12/04/2003, 02:09:41 PM
      ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
      ^!StatusShow Select the second file and press the control key.
      ^!IfFalse ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ Skip_-1
      ^!IfSame "^%comp1%" "^**" Next ELSE Skip_3
      ^!StatusClose
      ^!Info [L] You need to select a second^Pdocument for comparison.
      ^!Goto Skip_-5
      ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
      ^!CmdShow Maximize
      ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%" /t
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |

      Regards,