11329Re: [Clip] Syntax question

  • Larry Thomas
    Dec 2, 2003
      Hi Michael,

      At 03:37 PM 12/1/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >Is there any way to set the width of a clip wizard window? I'm
      >working on modifying the ExamDiff clip that i have to display the
      >full paths to the files (it displays a list of all open documents
      >from which you can choose which two to compare) but I'm having
      >trouble displaying the clip wizard window with enough rows and width
      >to avoid having the scroll bars.
      >
      >Michael

      This clip serves to demonstrate how to increase the number of rows being
      displayed in a wizard list.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="TestWizard"
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %Wizard%=_^$GetFiles("^$GetAppPath$";*.*)$
      ^!Info [L] ^?{(T=A;H=30)Prompt=^%Wizard%}
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      To increase or decrease the number of rows displayed in the list, change
      the 30 in H=30 to the number of rows that you want to display. This
      feature is also limited by the screen real estate of coarse. You can see
      that I used ^!SetListDelimiter | to make sure that the default delimiter
      was the pipe symbol and I used braces {} instead of brackets [] to keep the
      wizard from being activated until the variable ^%Wizard% could be set.

      Wizards that are activated with brackets are activated before any other
      commands are run in the clip. Wizards that are activated with braces are
      not activated until the line of code they are in gets executed.

      If you have 10 different bracket wizards in a clip in different places in
      the clip, you will get one wizard box with 10 input boxes in it when you
      run the clip.

      If you have 10 different brace wizards in a clip in different places in the
      clip, you will get 10 different wizards opening up as the clip comes to
      them. You will make a selection in one and click ok and the clip will move
      on to the next one and it will pop open and you will have to make another
      selection and click ok and so forth until all 10 wizards have been run and
      dismissed.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê