11005Boolean search of Outline document

  • rdeckard1ca
    Sep 25, 2003
      I don't get here often, so forgive me if this has been asked before.
      I would like to use an outline (.otl) doc as a freeform database. To
      be useful though, I have to be easily able to extract data from it.
      To that end, I would like to be able to do a Boolean search (and /
      or)of a document and have a list generated of all the outline
      headings that match my search results.
      Before I try to do this on my own, has anyone ever developed such a
      script or one similar that I could use as a starting point?