[NTO] Image Editors & Buttons

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2000
      Hi Ray

      >http://www.hutchal.clara.net/clara.net/h/u/t/hutchal/webspace/clipart/angels.htm

      There's some nice ones there!-)

      Has anybody found a good collection of small buttons/icons yet?
      I've been doing a lot of them by hand so far. Mainly though, I
      take an existing one to use as a template so to speak and by the
      time I get done with it it does not look anything like the
      original. so much for copyright, eh. haha, Really though - the
      image is changed - it just gives me a starting point. Guess it
      is like writers - they steal all their stuff from every body else
      and compile it then call it theirs. :)

      I kind of like Icon Edit Pro, but it have some problems. I like
      saving in .ico for NoteTab even though it will have to convert
      them to .bmp because .ico we can make transparent and they don't
      look bad in Windows Explorer. I am finding though that if I make
      my transparent color for NoteTab, the lower left corner pixel,
      white when possible or a very soft light blue they don't look too
      bad in my white Windows Explorer background.

      Most of you probably saw the editors I posted to the Basic list.
      I am pretty much using PSP 6 and making .bmp's now - I switched
      because I find PSP easier and just about flawless compare to Icon
      Edit Pro. Anyway, does anybody know of a preferably freeware
      icon (.ico) editor, 256 colors, and does transparency?

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:CF@...?subject=Subscribe
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
        Alle 00.47 01/02/2000 -0600, Jody ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:
        >does anybody know of a preferably freeware
        >icon (.ico) editor, 256 colors, and does transparency?

        Try AX-Icons: http://www.axialis.com
        It's a cheap French shareware with a lot of features:
        - make icons 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 72x72 (or custom) with 2, 16, 256
        or 16M colors.
        - save icons as single files or as libraries.

        And now an off topic tip (but being here is always on-topic <g>) for
        webmasters.
        Add a favicon.ico icon file into your root directory, so MSIE5 users can
        see the right icon in their favorites.

        Bye!

        Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
          Hi Marco,

          > Try AX-Icons: http://www.axialis.com
          > It's a cheap French shareware with a lot of features:

          Looks pretty good. A bit of a learning curve on it - neat
          installation setup anyway. <g> I'll have to actually try to read
          help to figure out some things - what a drag - help files. :(

          Icon Edit Pro is $5 more and overall I believe it better, but I
          may not have given this one a good enough try yet. Icon Edit Pro
          has some problems though. ZDNet gives it 5 stars though and Icon
          Ax 4 FWIW.

          > And now an off topic tip (but being here is always on-topic <g>)

          Ain't it nice. :) Might never have a big list, but, oh well,
          lots of helpful stuff can come through.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2000
            Hello all!
            I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
            enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
            thinking everyone has Word.
            And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
            presentations, graphics and so on.
            For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
            or OS/2...)
            It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com

            Using that program,
            - if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
            - if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world

            Bye!

            Marco Bernardini
          • Ernie
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
              I remember this product from awhile back and found my old link to it at
              Star Vision http://www.stardivision.com/ which now sends you to Suns
              site. Seems Sun took over this.

              >Hello all!
              >I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
              >enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
              >thinking everyone has Word.
              >And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
              >presentations, graphics and so on.
              >For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
              >or OS/2...)
              >It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com
              >
              >Using that program,
              >- if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
              >- if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world
              >
              >Bye!
              >
              >Marco Bernardini

              http://im.yahoo.com
            • Bruce Wright
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
                RE: [NTO] Re: Breaking MS monopoly

                I've had a bit of a play around with StarOffice 5...I got it from a PC magazine cover disk;)

                I agree with Marco, for anyone wanting most of the features of M$ Office for a $NIL outlay, StarOffice is definitely worth a try.

                Bruce

                  ----------
                  I remember this product from awhile back and found my old link to it at
                  Star Vision  http://www.stardivision.com/  which now sends you to Suns
                  site. Seems Sun took over this.

                  >Hello all!
                  >I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
                  >enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
                  >thinking everyone has Word.
                  >And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
                  >presentations, graphics and so on.
                  >For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
                  >or OS/2...)
                  >It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com
                  >
                  >Using that program,
                  >- if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
                  >- if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world
                  >
                  >Bye!
                  >
                  >Marco Bernardini

                  http://im.yahoo.com

                  Love. Relationships? E - Commerce!
                  http://click.egroups.com/1/1145/1/_/353289/_/949860585/

                  -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=notetab-ot&m=1

              • Marco Bernardini
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
                  This is really interesting if you need to correct MS-HTML pages:
                  demoroniser - correct moronic and gratuitously incompatible HTML generated
                  by Microsoft applications
                  http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/demoroniser/

                  Bye!

                  Marco Bernardini