Re: [NTO] Enquiry about ProRef

  • Wojciech Kostecki
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2000
      Hi!

      There is another freeware that works fine for me, also with exporting to
      Word:
      Scholar's Aid 99-Library Lite
      http://www.scholarsaid.com/down.htm

      There are plenty of "professional" reference managers but they are really
      very expensive. And I know several persons that are looking for efficient
      and easy shareware of this kind. So maybe there is a market for new,
      improved version of ProRef and we should ask Mr. Fokes to consider such an
      idea?

      Wojciech
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2000
        > There is another freeware that works fine for
        me, also with exporting
        > to Word: Scholar's Aid 99-Library Lite
        > http://www.scholarsaid.com/down.htm

        I had looked at Scholar's Aid but never noticed
        the Lite version.
        The full version was great but VERY expensive
        and far and above
        what I needed.

        > There are plenty of "professional" reference
        managers but they are
        > really very expensive. And I know several
        persons that are looking for
        > efficient and easy shareware of this kind. So
        maybe there is a market
        > for new, improved version of ProRef and we
        should ask Mr. Fokes to
        > consider such an idea?

        Well, I'd pay for a shareware version. So
        that's two :))

        Deb
        --
        __________________
        Deborah Bensted
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 25, 2000
          Hi,

          Deb wrote:

          > I had looked at Scholar's Aid but never noticed
          > the Lite version.
          > The full version was great but VERY expensive
          > and far and above
          > what I needed.

          Maybe this could interest you:

          http://www.phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de/erzwiss/literat/

          "LiteRat is a scientific literature keeping database
          program which is specifically designed
          for students and teachers. The program is freeware
          and can be downloaded from this
          homepage. (English version coming fall 2000.)"

          I tried it out about 2 years ago and found it
          quite useful...

          Regards,
          Melchior

          --
          http://www.alphazwirbel.net/orp/orp.htm
        • Deb
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 25, 2000
            Thanks for that link. It's the German that gets
            me every time ..... :))

            I've bookmarked it and will look again after the
            fall...

            Well, after the spring.... ;))

            Deb
            > > I had looked at Scholar's Aid but never
            noticed
            > > the Lite version.
            > Maybe this could interest you:
            >
            > http://www.phil-fak.uni-
            duesseldorf.de/erzwiss/literat/

            > "LiteRat is a scientific literature keeping
            database
            > program which is specifically designed
            > for students and teachers. The program is
            freeware
            > and can be downloaded from this
            > homepage. (English version coming fall 2000.)"
            DJB
            debsmail@...