98 Taskbar

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2000
      Hi all,

      Does anybody know if there is an on/off option somewhere for the
      Win98 Quick Launch Taskbar? Mine mysteriously disappeared on
      bootup this morning. I installed Quicktime 4 from a reputable
      site last night, but that was the only change I made. My
      shortcuts are all there still in: C:\WINDOWS\Application
      Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\, but I cannot get
      it to appear on the Taskbar. I tried dragging where the cursor
      changes to bidirectional arrows, but no help.

      Gee, if it were not for single click in Windows Explorer and my
      Quick Launch Taskbar, I'd go back to Win95. I did just find out
      you can drag drop to the first level of the Start menu FWIW. <g>

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
    • J. Michael Mollohan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2000
        > Does anybody know if there is an on/off option somewhere for the
        > Win98 Quick Launch Taskbar? Mine mysteriously disappeared on
        > bootup this morning. . . .

        Right click on the taskbar, pick "toolbars" and check the quick launch item.
        Voila!
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2000
          Hi J. Michael,

          >> Does anybody know if there is an on/off option somewhere for the
          >> Win98 Quick Launch Taskbar?
          > Right click on the taskbar, pick "toolbars" and check the quick
          > launch item. Voila!

          DUH!!! That's what I get for taking a quick look 5 minutes after
          I woke up. I guess the lack of my starter pot of coffee caused
          temporary blindness from seeing Toolbars --> My 4 year old must
          have played on my computer before I got up. He is pretty good
          with these things, but has this thing about configuring the
          desktop the way he wants it - even on my machine. I don't care
          what he does on his (which drives his bigger sisters nuts - hehe)
          but I need to tell him not to change my setup. ;)

          Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

          mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...