[NTO] WARNING - This is not a HOAX: VIRUS

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2000
      Hi Bill,

      >... after the pluralist
      >thingy no one seems to be talking to me anyway ... ha ha .....

      Did I mention that virus hoaxes are OK on this list? ;) However, if you get some posts from others that make you feel about 1" tall, know I forewarned you.

      E-Mail Facts Of Life

      1. Big companies don't do business via chain letter. Bill Gates
      is not giving you $1000, and Disney is not giving you a free
      vacation.

      2. There is no baby food company issuing class-action checks. You
      can relax; there is no need to pass it on "just in case it's
      true." Furthermore, just because someone said in the message,
      four generations back, that "we checked it out and it's legit,"
      does not actually make it true.

      3. There is no kidney theft ring in New Orleans. No one is
      waking up in a bathtub full of ice, even if a friend of a friend
      swears it happened to their cousin. If you are insistent on
      believing the kidney-theft ring stories, Please see:
      http://urbanlegends.tqn.com/library/weekly/aa062997.htm And I
      quote: "The National Kidney Foundation has repeatedly issued
      requests for actual victims of organ thieves to come forward and
      tell their stories. None have. "That's "none," as in "ZERO".
      Not even your friend's cousin.

      4. Neiman Marcus doesn't really sell a $200 cookie recipe. And
      even if they do, we all have it. And even if you don't, you can
      get a copy At: http://www.bl.net/forwards/cookie.html

      Then, if you make the recipe, decide the cookies are that
      awesome, feel free to pass the recipe on. (But I hear they
      stink.)

      5. We all know all 500 ways to drive your roommates crazy,
      irritate co-workers, gross-out bathroom stall neighbors, and
      creep out people on an elevator. We also know exactly how many
      engineers, college students, Usenet posters, and people from each
      and every world ethnicity it takes to change a light bulb. We
      already know "Your an Internet Junkie If..." However, if you
      have an uncontrollable urge to send them yet one more time,
      simply copy yourself 100 times and you will be caught up with the
      rest of us.

      6. Even if the latest NASA rocket disaster(s) DID contain
      plutonium that went to particulate over the eastern seaboard, do
      you REALLY think this information would reach the public via an
      AOL chain-letter?

      7. There is no "Good Times" virus. In fact, you should never,
      ever, ever forward any e-mail containing any virus warning unless
      you first confirm it at an actual site of an actual company that
      actually deals with virii.

      Try: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html And even then,
      don't forward it. We don't care.

      Remember, the virus' that you might get, if any, is the E-Mail
      Hoax Virus sent by all eternal newbies who just cannot say no and
      send out hoax' anyway without checking first.

      8. If your CC: list is regularly longer than the actual content
      of your message, you're probably going to be punished eternally.
      (Ever heard of BCC:?)

      9. If you're using Outlook, IE, or Netscape to write e-mail,
      TURN OFF "HTML ENCODING." Those of us on UNIX shells can't read
      it, and don't care enough to save the attachment and then view it
      with a web browser, since you're probably forwarding us a copy of
      the Neiman-Marcus Cookie Recipe anyway.

      10. If you still absolutely MUST forward that 10th-generation
      message from a friend, at least have the decency to trim the
      eight miles of headers showing everyone else who's received it
      over the last 6 months. It sure wouldn't hurt to get rid of all
      the ">" that begin each line. Besides, if it has gone around
      that many times, we've probably already seen it.

      11. Craig Shergold in England is not dying of cancer or anything
      else at this time and would like everyone to stop sending him
      their business cards. He apparently is also no longer a "little
      boy" either.

      12. ICQ says on their site that you are a fool to forward
      messages about them charging or something saying don't receive a
      message from so and so because it has a virus.

      See ya in the funnies!
      Jody Adair

      Clean-Funnies
      mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe