Re: [NTO] Netscape bug???

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000

      Alle 15.51 Sunday 10/09/2000 +0200, Lotta ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

      >So, my advice to you Marco is: write in Swedish and everyone will be happy!

      At least in Sweden :)

      >Or perhaps rephrase, using shorter words and hope for the best?

      Just modified the table width!

      I suspect this bug is a peculiarity of 4.5/4.7, because Harvey says
      everything it's correct ...

      Bye!

      Marco with Lynx (to avoid oddities!)
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
        Hello Lotta, Marco,

        I did try it with del at the end of both lines, or paragraphs.
        In the original post 'del' was not at the end of the line and it
        didn't make any difference, it didn't justify correctly. After
        Tidying up though the code justifies with or without 'del' at the
        end of the line. The code as is pasted following, justifies
        correctly. The first paragraph is only a sentence and a half and
        if the browser justified that it would really look odd with very
        large gaps in the text. The browser is probably intelligent
        enough to only justify the first line of the first paragraph.

        That which follows justifies correctly on my Netscape.

        <head>
        <title></title>
        </head>
        <center>
        paesaggi vivi, colti d'un tratto e colmi d'incantata emozione nei
        trapassi dolcissimi dei colori in cui si avverte una gradazione
        tonale con una leggera libertà del tratto disegnativo,
        espressamente voluta. del<br />
        </center>

        dell'entroterra ligure, che con tanto amore trasporta sulle tele,
        i focolai rurali che infondono nello spirito dell'osservatore una
        pace ed una patriarcale armonia domestica in via dl estinzione in
        un mondo che diventa di giorno in giorno sempre più
        caotico e nevrotico, rivelano lo spirito conservatore
        dell'artista il quale, uso all'arte del restauro, sembra voglia
        preservare intatte le tradizioni arcaiche del nostro popolo ...
        »del<br />

        hrs

        --
        ¿? Harvey R. Savage
        ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
          Harvey,

          Do you perhaps have the latest version of Netscape? I only tested the
          first paragraph. With that exact wording it doesn't justify within a table
          if the line is forced to wrap after 'del' whatever I do. If I re sort the
          words it does. The words before and after aren't extremely long, so that
          can't be the reason.
          This is spooky! Hope you have a later version of NS than I (4.5) or my hair
          will grow grey. It will anyway if I don't find out the reason for this
          behavior in my version alone. Well, off to bed after yet another enhancing
          evening.

          Night,

          Lotta
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
            That was to be enchanting evening. Perhaps tomorrow will be enhancing . :-))

            Lotta
          • Harvey R. Savage
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
              Lotta,

              Six of one, half dozen of another!

              --
              ¿? Harvey R. Savage
              ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 13, 2000

                Hello to all stamp collectors!
                For some days I'm at the International Meeting of Sailing Boats in Imperia
                (http://www.veledepoca.com), side-by-side with the post office.
                There is a special annullation (hope it's the right term...) for the event:
                if someone is interested please mail me before saturday, so I can send him
                a postcard.
                One of these days I'll show you my marble and slate sculptures resembling
                sail boats... sometimes it's easier to carve slate than to table HTML :)

                Bye!

                Marco Bernardini
              • Carl Swann
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 14, 2000
                  Marco Bernardini wrote:

                  > Hello to all stamp collectors!
                  > For some days I'm at the International Meeting of Sailing Boats in Imperia
                  > (http://www.veledepoca.com), side-by-side with the post office.

                  What a generous offer... I'm not much of a philatelist (stamp
                  collector)... however, I think the English word for what you're
                  offering is "cancellation"... I like the image that "annullation"
                  suggests, though... ;-)

                  I always enjoy your posts and your sense of humor... and please post
                  the URL for your sculptures some day, too!

                  Thanks!

                  oOOo-(_)-oOOo
                • Marco Bernardini
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 14, 2000

                    Alle 09.00 Thursday 14/09/2000 -0400, Carl Swann ha mandato a Marco questo
                    messaggio:

                    >What a generous offer... I'm not much of a philatelist (stamp
                    >collector)... however, I think the English word for what you're
                    >offering is "cancellation"... I like the image that "annullation"
                    >suggests, though... ;-)

                    Oh, thanks, Carl!
                    I find it on a brochure just this afternoon.
                    Every hobby has its own jargon!

                    >I always enjoy your posts and your sense of humor... and please post
                    >the URL for your sculptures some day, too!

                    I think next week I'll develope the photos.

                    Bye!

                    Marco Bernardini