Re: [NTO] Netscape bug???

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
      Harvey, Marco,

      Harvey wrote:
      >I tried both pieces of code in your email. I'm using NS 4.75. I
      >did see your justification so I used 'Tools | Tidy Html Code'.
      >Here is the result, and this justifies. Tidy Html added and
      >moved a few items.

      Nope. Tidy corrects the syntax slip and adds some quotes, but alas that
      doesn't alter the output. Not in 4.5 anyway. Did you make sure that 'del'
      was at the end of a line, Harvey? I pasted your code in and it looks
      exactly the same as Marco's and mine. I'm going to loose sleep over this...

      Lotta
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000

        Alle 15.51 Sunday 10/09/2000 +0200, Lotta ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

        >So, my advice to you Marco is: write in Swedish and everyone will be happy!

        At least in Sweden :)

        >Or perhaps rephrase, using shorter words and hope for the best?

        Just modified the table width!

        I suspect this bug is a peculiarity of 4.5/4.7, because Harvey says
        everything it's correct ...

        Bye!

        Marco with Lynx (to avoid oddities!)
      • Harvey R. Savage
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
          Hello Lotta, Marco,

          I did try it with del at the end of both lines, or paragraphs.
          In the original post 'del' was not at the end of the line and it
          didn't make any difference, it didn't justify correctly. After
          Tidying up though the code justifies with or without 'del' at the
          end of the line. The code as is pasted following, justifies
          correctly. The first paragraph is only a sentence and a half and
          if the browser justified that it would really look odd with very
          large gaps in the text. The browser is probably intelligent
          enough to only justify the first line of the first paragraph.

          That which follows justifies correctly on my Netscape.

          <head>
          <title></title>
          </head>
          <center>
          paesaggi vivi, colti d'un tratto e colmi d'incantata emozione nei
          trapassi dolcissimi dei colori in cui si avverte una gradazione
          tonale con una leggera libertà del tratto disegnativo,
          espressamente voluta. del<br />
          </center>

          dell'entroterra ligure, che con tanto amore trasporta sulle tele,
          i focolai rurali che infondono nello spirito dell'osservatore una
          pace ed una patriarcale armonia domestica in via dl estinzione in
          un mondo che diventa di giorno in giorno sempre più
          caotico e nevrotico, rivelano lo spirito conservatore
          dell'artista il quale, uso all'arte del restauro, sembra voglia
          preservare intatte le tradizioni arcaiche del nostro popolo ...
          »del<br />

          hrs

          --
          ¿? Harvey R. Savage
          ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
            Harvey,

            Do you perhaps have the latest version of Netscape? I only tested the
            first paragraph. With that exact wording it doesn't justify within a table
            if the line is forced to wrap after 'del' whatever I do. If I re sort the
            words it does. The words before and after aren't extremely long, so that
            can't be the reason.
            This is spooky! Hope you have a later version of NS than I (4.5) or my hair
            will grow grey. It will anyway if I don't find out the reason for this
            behavior in my version alone. Well, off to bed after yet another enhancing
            evening.

            Night,

            Lotta
          • Lotta
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
              That was to be enchanting evening. Perhaps tomorrow will be enhancing . :-))

              Lotta
            • Harvey R. Savage
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 10, 2000
                Lotta,

                Six of one, half dozen of another!

                --
                ¿? Harvey R. Savage
                ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 13, 2000

                  Hello to all stamp collectors!
                  For some days I'm at the International Meeting of Sailing Boats in Imperia
                  (http://www.veledepoca.com), side-by-side with the post office.
                  There is a special annullation (hope it's the right term...) for the event:
                  if someone is interested please mail me before saturday, so I can send him
                  a postcard.
                  One of these days I'll show you my marble and slate sculptures resembling
                  sail boats... sometimes it's easier to carve slate than to table HTML :)

                  Bye!

                  Marco Bernardini
                • Carl Swann
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 14, 2000
                    Marco Bernardini wrote:

                    > Hello to all stamp collectors!
                    > For some days I'm at the International Meeting of Sailing Boats in Imperia
                    > (http://www.veledepoca.com), side-by-side with the post office.

                    What a generous offer... I'm not much of a philatelist (stamp
                    collector)... however, I think the English word for what you're
                    offering is "cancellation"... I like the image that "annullation"
                    suggests, though... ;-)

                    I always enjoy your posts and your sense of humor... and please post
                    the URL for your sculptures some day, too!

                    Thanks!

                    oOOo-(_)-oOOo
                  • Marco Bernardini
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 14, 2000

                      Alle 09.00 Thursday 14/09/2000 -0400, Carl Swann ha mandato a Marco questo
                      messaggio:

                      >What a generous offer... I'm not much of a philatelist (stamp
                      >collector)... however, I think the English word for what you're
                      >offering is "cancellation"... I like the image that "annullation"
                      >suggests, though... ;-)

                      Oh, thanks, Carl!
                      I find it on a brochure just this afternoon.
                      Every hobby has its own jargon!

                      >I always enjoy your posts and your sense of humor... and please post
                      >the URL for your sculptures some day, too!

                      I think next week I'll develope the photos.

                      Bye!

                      Marco Bernardini