[NTO] Re: Synchronize Laptop without lose your mail

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 12, 2000
      Alle 17.11 11/02/2000 -0500, Ray Shapp wrote:
      <snip>
      >If I were to start the week with both PCs in
      >synch then read mail Monday and Wednesday on desktop and read mail Tuesday
      >and Thursday on laptop, when Briefcase re-synchs on Friday, the mail from
      >Monday and Wednesday would get lost.

      I read mail from a lot of different computers, even if my main "mail
      office" is at home.
      The trick is to leave mail on the mail server, and erase it from just a
      single machine.
      If I need to send something when I'm not on my main computer, I send also a
      Bcc: to me, so I can save what I send (at present I've more than 50 Megs of
      backupped messages).
      Using Eudora Light it's almost easy to recreate an old mail archive, even
      if you don't really need this, because messages are saved in common text
      format so you can easily read your "oldies".
      Who use Eudora Light and need to read more than a single mail account can
      mail me: I use it with 5 different accounts without the mess created by
      Outlook :-)

      Hope this enlighten somebody!

      Marco Bernardini