Re: [NTO] Word 97 Table in Table

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
      Hi Jody,

      At 10:45 AM 09/07/2000 -0500, you wrote:

      >Hi All,
      >
      >In Word 97 is it possible to put a table inside a table?
      >
      >-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      >- - -
      >- - -
      >- - -
      >- - - - - -
      >- -
      >- -
      >- -
      >- -
      >- -
      >-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      >
      >When I use the drawing tool it wants to draw from one edge to the
      >other and if I try to use the erase tool to delete part of it,
      >the undesired parts it dims the whole line.
      >
      >I am trying to center horizontally the "NO X-RAY" across from the
      >return address on 2x4 inch address labels, Avery 8163.
      >
      >If you happen to have formatting turned on, this is basically
      >what I am looking for, but the "NO X-RAY" centered on P.O. Box
      >and on the right side of the address label. (I think ink stamps
      >like "First Class" or "Air Mail" look lousy and would rather
      >print it like this.)
      >
      >Fookes Software NO X-RAY
      >P.O. Box 998
      >Milton FL 32572-0998 USA
      >Name Name Name
      >9999 Green Tree Road
      > Chesapeake, VA 23320
      >
      >Thanks!
      >Jody

      I don't think that you need to put a table in a table. I have office 2000
      but I think that it works the same as 97. You can create a table from the
      Table|Insert|Table and fill in the dialog for the number of columns and
      rows you want. You can then move the column divider to where you want them
      for entering and centering your address information. If you change your
      mind you can delete individual cells or rows or columns or you can add rows
      or columns or either side or you can split cells. You can also force the
      text to expand the hight of a cell or you can combine cells vertically or
      horizontally to get the effects that you want. You just need to
      experiment. In its own way Word is at least a flexible as NoteTab when it
      comes to the fancier text formatting. You just need to play with it to get
      the hang of it.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
        Hi Jody,

        Perhaps I didn't understand what you wanted but it looked like perhaps you
        wanted the Fookes name and address on the left, the name name name with
        address on the right with it justified left, and the No X-Ray centered over
        name name name. If that is what you were looking for, I was able to do it
        two ways. 1. I created a table with 2 columns. Left justified both then
        selected one line for the no xray and center justified it. If this just
        isn't big enough, then: 2. Create the table with draw table. With this you
        can create a table inside a table. There is another way.

        You can build a table and insert/text box wherever you want in it. You can
        justify the text box or boxes as you wish without regard to the table.

        Lloyd
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        >Hi All,
        >
        >In Word 97 is it possible to put a table inside a table?
        >
        >-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        >- - -
        >- - -
        >- - -
        >- - - - - -
        >- -
        >- -
        >- -
        >- -
        >- -
        >-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        >
        >When I use the drawing tool it wants to draw from one edge to the
        >other and if I try to use the erase tool to delete part of it,
        >the undesired parts it dims the whole line.
        >
        >I am trying to center horizontally the "NO X-RAY" across from the
        >return address on 2x4 inch address labels, Avery 8163.
        >
        >If you happen to have formatting turned on, this is basically
        >what I am looking for, but the "NO X-RAY" centered on P.O. Box
        >and on the right side of the address label. (I think ink stamps
        >like "First Class" or "Air Mail" look lousy and would rather
        >print it like this.)
        >
        >Fookes Software NO X-RAY
        >P.O. Box 998
        >Milton FL 32572-0998 USA
        >Name Name Name
        >9999 Green Tree Road
        > Chesapeake, VA 23320
        >
        >Thanks!
        >Jody
        >
        >Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        >mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
      • Lloyd
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
          Hi Jody,

          Perhaps I didn't understand what you wanted but it looked like perhaps you
          wanted the Fookes name and address on the left, the name

          Sorry about not stripping the un-necessary from that message.

          Lloyd
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
            Hi Lloyd,

            >You can build a table and insert/text box wherever you want in
            >it. You can justify the text box or boxes as you wish without
            >regard to the table.

            Certainly! I forgot about that. It works well! I am printing on
            full sheets of labels (Avery 8163 using template) even though I
            only print 1 to a few at a time. I could not get the tables to
            work using suggestions, but who cares since I can use a Text box. ;)
            Thanks Lloyd and Larry!

            Lloyd, I will look into BK Colour Coder. I opened another copy
            of NoteTab, Standard in fact, and saw they help menu was missing
            what we want. When I get back from the PO and doing some eMail
            catch up I will try to figure it out. I suspect both shortcuts
            have to be there. I'm glad it is not on one of my copies of 'Tab
            so I can maybe figure it out.

            mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...