Re: [NTO] Digest Number 100

  • Martin Harrison
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2000
      I'd be interested to know why you refer to Tim Berners-Lee as the "ideator" of
      the Web and not as the creator.

      Marty
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2000

        Alle 13.45 Tuesday 05/09/2000 +1000, Martin Harrison ha mandato a Marco
        questo messaggio:
        vvvvv inizio messaggio originale vvvvv
        >*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
        >
        >I'd be interested to know why you refer to Tim Berners-Lee as the "ideator" of
        >the Web and not as the creator.
        >
        >Marty
        ^^^^^^ fine messaggio originale ^^^^^^

        Oh, I see his home page telling he's the "inventor".
        Must correct my notes: thanks for the advice!

        This is because I see Tim as Gutenberg: Gutenberg don't "create" the print
        (even Sumers made prints) but only a new smart method to reuse characters:
        moveable types.
        And Tim gather togheter in a smart way many existing concepts about text,
        hypertext and Internet, so I see him more as "ideator" than a "creator".

        Speaking about Gutemberg remember me one of my old hobbies: to collect old
        books (1600 and later: 1400's and 1500's are too expensive!).
        The most useful book I find was the "Manuale Tipografico" (typographic
        manual) by G.B. Bodoni, written in 1788-1818: his rules are still good for
        Web pages!
        More about Bodoni at
        http://graphicdesign.about.com/arts/graphicdesign/msubodoni.htm

        Bye