Re: [NTO] Printing charts sent as email attachments

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2000
      Hi Paul,

      At 11:22 AM 08/26/2000 -0700, you wrote:
      >Once each month, I get a calendar of activities for an organization
      >I belong to. It is composed in Word 97.
      >
      >I have been able to open it only in Corel's WordPerfect 8. It appears
      >with the customary cells for dates.
      >
      >I have been unable to print the page, however. Any tips? Is there a
      >way to handle email charts in Note Tab Pro? I use WIN98SE.

      Microsoft Word and Excel allow you to "Save As..." and then select space
      delimited MS-DOS txt. See if Wordperfect allows you to do something
      similar. If so, do so and you should then be able to open it in NoteTab.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2000
        Hi Paul,

        >I have been able to open it only in Corel's WordPerfect 8. It
        >appears with the customary cells for dates.
        >
        >I have been unable to print the page, however. Any tips? Is there
        >a way to handle email charts in Note Tab Pro? I use WIN98SE.

        Try setting the font type in Pro the same as your eMail program
        for the document. Document | Font | Change Font...

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
      • Paul King
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2000
          At 02:34 PM 8/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
          >Hi Paul,
          >
          > >>Once each month, I get a calendar of activities for an organization
          > >>I belong to. It is composed in Word 97.
          >
          > >>I have been unable to print the page, however. Any tips? Is there a
          > >>way to handle email charts in Note Tab Pro? I use WIN98SE.
          >
          >I misread you. In Word, save the chart as a text file, the open
          >it in NoteTab. You will need to use the same font so that it
          >aligns correctly. Jody

          Hi Jody:

          You are right. I did mention ntp and I take your point about using the
          same fonts in importing to preserve alignment. But in the case of a
          calendar matrix composed in Word 97, it either did not work or I screwed
          up. That happens every other year or so. :-(

          PK
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2000
            Hi Paul,

            >You are right. I did mention ntp and I take your point about
            >using the same fonts in importing to preserve alignment. But in
            >the case of a calendar matrix composed in Word 97, it either did
            >not work or I screwed up.

            OH well, it was worth a try. Try saving as HTML then. That
            would be a lot better than telling somebody to download a 3MB
            file to read your calendar.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 28, 2000
              At 05:25 PM 8/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
              >Hi Paul,
              >
              > >You are right. I did mention ntp and I take your point about
              > >using the same fonts in importing to preserve alignment. But in
              > >the case of a calendar matrix composed in Word 97, it either did
              > >not work or I screwed up.
              >
              >OH well, it was worth a try. Try saving as HTML then. That
              >would be a lot better than telling somebody to download a 3MB
              >file to read your calendar.
              >
              >Happy Topics,
              >Jody

              Hi Jody:

              Betimes one writes too little or too much. I did not properly emphasize
              that I badly needed a printout, not just readability. I already had that
              with WP8 or with that primitive tool Prnt Scrn which often includes too
              much or too little material without endless fiddling and still yields an
              imperfect image.

              As for 30 mins spent in the wee hours to download 3 megs, I regret not
              a second of it while snoring and dreaming. I think there may be others
              out there who need a monthly printout from MS Word 97 badly enough
              to do it my way. The alternative is to spend big bucks for Adobe Acrobat.

              Regards,
              PK
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 28, 2000
                Hi Paul,