Re: [NTO] Not completely stupid

  • phil
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2000
      Old Mark Twain said it best. He said "The way to make money is to buy
      stock low, and sell it when it is high. And don't buy it unless it is going
      go up."

      I did whatever I did in the Nursery Business, and the "Competition" is
      really
      not there. My plants looked like, and grew like, no other competitors
      stuff.
      To get what I sold you had to come to me.

      Luck? Or Good Planning? But before I was in the Greenhouse business, I
      owned and operated a Manufacturers Rep business. I stuck to my creed
      with that as well.

      Playing was always more important than work to me. I played hard, but I
      also worked hard. Maybe that helped.

      Now, every joint in my body is ravaged with OsteoArthritis, and they are
      all just bones rubbing on bones. No cartilage. Maybe I am paying for
      all that playing. I have some Heart problems as well. But I am still
      living
      on the Oregon coast and playing everything I still can play.

      I am not bragging about "what I have done", I just consider myself very
      fortunate to have got here in as good shape as I am. I just would never
      "sell myself" for too cheap a price.

      Maybe what I did does not fit with others, but I bet I could find ways to
      use my Creed in any situation.

      Off my soap box in Oregon.