Re: [NTO] Huh?? Re: ( (Ihre Mail - Bin im Urlaub !))

  • Knut Külsen
    Message 1 of 48 , Aug 25 10:56 AM
      Ich bin zur Zeit in Urlaub !!
      Bei dringenden Fällen wenden Sie sich bitte
      an die Kollegen aus der Abteilung M&S.

      Ab dem 11.09.2000 bin ich wieder zu erreichen !

      Mit freundlichem Gruß

      Knut Külsen
      _____________________________________
      VKG Verlagvertriebs KG
      Marktbeobachtung & Systementwicklung

      Fon 040/3019-3316 ¤ Fax 040/30370519
      e-mail Knut.Kuelsen@...

      >>> "ntb-OffTopic@egroups.com" 08/25/00 19:55 >>>

      Ich bin zur Zeit in Urlaub !!
      Bei dringenden Fällen wenden Sie sich bitte
      an die Kollegen aus der Abteilung M&S.

      Ab dem 11.09.2000 bin ich wieder zu erreichen !

      Mit freundlichem Gruß

      Knut Külsen
      _____________________________________
      VKG Verlagvertriebs KG
      Marktbeobachtung & Systementwicklung

      Fon 040/3019-3316 ¤ Fax 040/30370519
      e-mail Knut.Kuelsen@...

      >>> "ntb-OffTopic@egroups.com" 08/25/00 19:54 >>>

      Hello,

      Could it not be stopped by taking him off the Egroups list
      temporarily? The number of responses is getting out of hand.

      hrs

      --
      ¿? Harvey R. Savage
      ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
      Message 48 of 48 , Aug 25 12:30 PM
        Hi Jim and All,

        >Help, I only have 10 gig left and it is going fast.<VBG>

        Hahahaha! You would have not received over 50 posts I believe is
        the magic number, but it may be 100. It is hard to say with
        eGroups changing all the time. Anyhow, after the daily threshold
        is met I have to approve anymore posts.

        Sorry it took me so long and by the time I got to it eGroups had
        already removed him as far as I can tell. I searched for his
        eMail addies and also looked at all the subscribers manually.
        It's only a couple pages for the OT list.

        When you all see an auto-responder take off like that, the worst
        thing you can do is post to the list because that just starts the
        loop again. I will see them when they happen *if* I am answering
        mail. I happened to be out for a bit washing the car I got
        ripped off for 35 cents X 2 for my 4 year old son and his 5 year
        old friend to do it. <g> Hey, they did a real good job carrying
        cut logs over to the pig pen for me in the little red wagon. ;)
        That only cost me .50 for each of them for 5 full wagon loads.

        Anyway, if it starts up again I will try to see where his address
        is getting changed at. Also, if I am not around when something
        like that happens you cab write a high priority message to the
        offending ISP and hope for the best. Usually at least one of
        these will get through: root@..., abuse@...,
        help@..., support@...

        Example:

        root@..., and the rest of them

        Something else uoi might try, but I can say it would help or not
        is to do a: listname-unsubscribe@...

        There is an eMail address to set your settings to read on the web
        also, but I don't have the time to find it now.

        and then after an hour or so try signing back on. I do have a
        very part time assistant moderator, but obviously she was not
        around unless she was the one that unsubscribed him. It was
        probably his ISP or eGroups though. Normally, at least in the
        past, eGroups stopped it after one post. I will let them know.

        You can be sure that I will do what I can as soon as I see them,
        because I get the posts also.

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...