Re: [NTO] Neo Yahoo Groups

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 4 12:02 PM
      On 02 Sep 13 19:04 <silvermoonwoman@...> said:
      > Yahoo's latest Ill-conceived makeover for Groups is being rolled
      > out to unsuspecting users and its not pretty. No search, links
      > won't work, "conversations" instead of threads, lots
      > of problems, no doubt inspired by Facebook. I was hit by the update
      > several days ago. Anyone else? If so you can give Yahoo feedback
      > here http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451

      Aaargh!

      Just had my first message in the Basic List for a few days!

      It's arrived as an HTML message.

      How do I get my "Traditional" mail back again, without all the
      bandwidth-wasting HTML garbage that won't display in my Plain Text
      mail client. I can't find the option in the new "Neo" interface!

      Greg
    • Adrien Verlee
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 5 3:04 AM
        Op 4/09/2013 21:02, Greg Chapman schreef:
        > How do I get my "Traditional" mail back again, without all the
        > bandwidth-wasting HTML garbage that won't display in my Plain Text
        > mail client. I can't find the option in the new "Neo" interface!

        I can't even (re)sign-in. Phone number is required. But I won't give,
        that is privat.
        That earns tons of dollars and do not think about such an elementary
        case ... Congratulations Yahoo for this unnecessary 'cleverness'.

        If this goes, then it's simply: goodbye Yahoo and Notetab!.
        --
        adrien
        - Ongedeelde informatie = verloren informatie -
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 5 11:58 AM
          Op woensdag 4 september 2013 21:02 schreef Greg Chapman:

          > Just had my first message in the Basic List for a few days!
          > It's arrived as an HTML message.
          >
          > How do I get my "Traditional" mail back again, without all the
          > bandwidth-wasting HTML garbage that won't display in my Plain Text
          > mail client. I can't find the option in the new "Neo" interface!

          The answer is at the bottom of every message:

          > Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)

          Alex.
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 5 2:11 PM
            Hi Alex,

            On 05 Sep 13 19:58 "Alex Plantema" <alex.plantema@...> said:
            > The answer is at the bottom of every message:
            >
            > > Your email settings:
            > > Individual Email | Traditional
            > >
            > > To change settings online go to:
            > > (Yahoo! ID required)

            But that's the point! The most recent [NTB] message I received came
            through as HTML. Because of that my Plain text mail program only shows
            the plain text part and that no longer shows the traditional footer
            with the link your provide.

            So far, the [NTO] list is not affected. The footer still appears and
            the link still sends you to the old site.

            However, if you go through the process of reconfirming "Traditional"
            mail, the link that appears takes you to the Neo site and from there,
            there is no route to the old site's management screen.

            Greg
          • Adrien Verlee
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 5 2:23 PM
              Op 5/09/2013 23:11, Greg Chapman schreef:
              > So far, the [NTO] list is not affected. The footer still appears and
              > the link still sends you to the old site.

              On this side emailsettings in the footer is "grayed-out":

              The link is removed and with that phonenumber-policy I can't (will) sign
              in to change parameters/attributes.

              This is wrong thinking of Yahoo. They need me. I do not need Yahoo!
              --
              www.translatie.be - Over ontologie en marxisme

              www.marxists.org/admin/volunteers/biographies/averlee.htm
              www.marxists.org/nederlands/

              - Ongedeelde informatie = verloren informatie -
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 5 4:11 PM
                Adrien Verlee wrote:
                > On this side emailsettings in the footer is "grayed-out":

                I'm not going to check any of this out. As long as it works for me, I'll
                shy away from opening the web interface. But my footers say:

                Presumably (I wouldn't know) the HTML footers list the the third option
                to switch to text mail.

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 5 4:33 PM
                  Axel Berger wrote:
                  > But my footers say:

                  > [nothing]

                  Nice one, Yahoo. Just throw away what I've written, why don't you. I'll
                  try to hide it from them so they won't steal it again:

                  To change settings via email:
                  ntb-OffTopic-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  ntb-OffTopic-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  Axel
                • Alec Burgess
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 5 5:21 PM
                    I think the one for text-only is:

                    ntb-OffTopic-traditional@yahoogroups.com
                    with subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional"