Re: [NTO] Neo Yahoo Groups

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2013
      Alec Burgess wrote:
      > maybe that accounts for the difference.

      Quite possibly. One small reason for sticking to this way. As long as
      that continues to work, I don't care (or at least very little) what
      Yahoo do or don't do to their web interfaces.

      Axel
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 4, 2013
        On 02 Sep 13 19:04 <silvermoonwoman@...> said:
        > Yahoo's latest Ill-conceived makeover for Groups is being rolled
        > out to unsuspecting users and its not pretty. No search, links
        > won't work, "conversations" instead of threads, lots
        > of problems, no doubt inspired by Facebook. I was hit by the update
        > several days ago. Anyone else? If so you can give Yahoo feedback
        > here http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451

        Aaargh!

        Just had my first message in the Basic List for a few days!

        It's arrived as an HTML message.

        How do I get my "Traditional" mail back again, without all the
        bandwidth-wasting HTML garbage that won't display in my Plain Text
        mail client. I can't find the option in the new "Neo" interface!

        Greg
      • Adrien Verlee
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
          Op 4/09/2013 21:02, Greg Chapman schreef:
          > How do I get my "Traditional" mail back again, without all the
          > bandwidth-wasting HTML garbage that won't display in my Plain Text
          > mail client. I can't find the option in the new "Neo" interface!

          I can't even (re)sign-in. Phone number is required. But I won't give,
          that is privat.
          That earns tons of dollars and do not think about such an elementary
          case ... Congratulations Yahoo for this unnecessary 'cleverness'.

          If this goes, then it's simply: goodbye Yahoo and Notetab!.
          --
          adrien
          - Ongedeelde informatie = verloren informatie -
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
            Op woensdag 4 september 2013 21:02 schreef Greg Chapman:

            > Just had my first message in the Basic List for a few days!
            > It's arrived as an HTML message.
            >
            > How do I get my "Traditional" mail back again, without all the
            > bandwidth-wasting HTML garbage that won't display in my Plain Text
            > mail client. I can't find the option in the new "Neo" interface!

            The answer is at the bottom of every message:

            > Your email settings:
            > Individual Email | Traditional
            >
            > To change settings online go to:
            > (Yahoo! ID required)

            Alex.
          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
              Hi Alex,

              On 05 Sep 13 19:58 "Alex Plantema" <alex.plantema@...> said:
              > The answer is at the bottom of every message:
              >
              > > Your email settings:
              > > Individual Email | Traditional
              > >
              > > To change settings online go to:
              > > (Yahoo! ID required)

              But that's the point! The most recent [NTB] message I received came
              through as HTML. Because of that my Plain text mail program only shows
              the plain text part and that no longer shows the traditional footer
              with the link your provide.

              So far, the [NTO] list is not affected. The footer still appears and
              the link still sends you to the old site.

              However, if you go through the process of reconfirming "Traditional"
              mail, the link that appears takes you to the Neo site and from there,
              there is no route to the old site's management screen.

              Greg
            • Adrien Verlee
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
                Op 5/09/2013 23:11, Greg Chapman schreef:
                > So far, the [NTO] list is not affected. The footer still appears and
                > the link still sends you to the old site.

                On this side emailsettings in the footer is "grayed-out":

                The link is removed and with that phonenumber-policy I can't (will) sign
                in to change parameters/attributes.

                This is wrong thinking of Yahoo. They need me. I do not need Yahoo!
                --
                www.translatie.be - Over ontologie en marxisme

                www.marxists.org/admin/volunteers/biographies/averlee.htm
                www.marxists.org/nederlands/

                - Ongedeelde informatie = verloren informatie -
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
                  Adrien Verlee wrote:
                  > On this side emailsettings in the footer is "grayed-out":

                  I'm not going to check any of this out. As long as it works for me, I'll
                  shy away from opening the web interface. But my footers say:

                  Presumably (I wouldn't know) the HTML footers list the the third option
                  to switch to text mail.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
                    Axel Berger wrote:
                    > But my footers say:

                    > [nothing]

                    Nice one, Yahoo. Just throw away what I've written, why don't you. I'll
                    try to hide it from them so they won't steal it again:

                    To change settings via email:
                    ntb-OffTopic-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    ntb-OffTopic-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    Axel
                  • Alec Burgess
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
                      I think the one for text-only is:

                      ntb-OffTopic-traditional@yahoogroups.com
                      with subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional"